Regional Sales Representative – Southeast Region
Position Code: SRNJ - 0813
Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Customer Support
Location: Maryland or DC area
Travel: Up to 75% (50% may be include overnight stay)
Salary Range: Varies with Experience and Background
Starting Date: Immediately
Recently ranked #4 in the Best Places to Work in the Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industry by the Scientist magazine as well as celebrating its 30th year in business, Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments and other related technologies for absolute macromolecular characterization. Wyatt’s instruments are used by chemical, pharmaceutical, government, academic, and biotech companies worldwide.
As Wyatt’s business continues to grow, the need for a dynamic, competitive, results-driven leader based in the Southeast Region has arisen.
Ideally located in the MD or DC area, the Regional Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales on Wyatt’s full range of products throughout the Southeast Region of the US. The Representative will find and qualify potential prospects, coordinate sample analyses and demonstrations, seminars, and customer visits in order to generate and close sales.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have extensive Scientific Instrumentation Sales experience with a proven track record of introducing and selling new technologies in a highly competitive marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet or exceed sales targets.
• Maintain installed base customer satisfaction
• Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts
• Visit customers on a daily basis to highlight Wyatt solutions and help customers with their challenges
• Build technical competency on Wyatt’s solutions and be perceived by customers as a credible technical resources
• Monitor competitor activity and trends within the territory as well as providing accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts
• Develop business through monthly plans of action
• Maintain accurate records of sales activity using CRM software.
• Travel when needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
The successful candidate will have:
1. A Masters/PHD in scientific areas such as chemistry, biology, or biochemistry
2. Five (5) plus years of in field instrument sales experience. Experience selling chromatography, mass spec or particle characterization products preferred.
3. Proven track record of being a top performer at selling in the past
4. Already established excellent rapport with key Biotech and pharma companies/customers in the Southeast
5. Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
6. Ability to work independently, with initiative and good, ethical, business judgment.
7. Strong organizational and time management skills.
8. Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
9. Substantiated capability to negotiate and close business.
WTC offers a competitive salary, commission and excellent benefits. Compensation includes car allowance, medical, dental, long/short term disability, 401k, life insurance and added employee incentive plan.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume, salary requirements with position code in the subject line.
For immediate consideration, please
your resume, salary requirements, with position code (SRDC – 0813) or mail to:
WTC – Attn: HR
Position Code: SRDC - 0813
6300 Hollister Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
Fax: (805) 681-0123