In a compliant installation, system access is limited to authorized individuals. Wyatt software leverages the Microsoft Windows security system to provide user authentication:
- Secure login - In order to run ASTRA or DYNAMICS with Security Pack enabled, users must enter a unique user ID and password. Logins, login attempts, and logouts are all recorded in the system audit trail.
- Microsoft Windows user accounts and groups are leveraged for security. System administrators create four specific security groups, then associate existing Microsoft Windows users with these groups. The Microsoft Windows user accounts are then used to log in.
- It is possible to set up the ASTRA or DYNAMICS security groups in the Active Directory, such that network-authenticated accounts can be given appropriate privileges. One domain-level user account can then be used to log in to any instance of ASTRA or DYNAMICS on the network.
User accounts can have one of four privilege levels:
- Administrator - Administrators have rights to perform all actions, including changing database connections and deleting data.
- Researcher - Researchers can create and run new methods, change instrument configuration settings, and export and import data from the database.
- Technician - Technicians can only run predefined methods set up by a Researcher. Technicians can collect data and perform simple processing, but cannot change any configuration settings.
- Guest - Guests have read-only privileges to view audit trails and data.