Mid-Atlantic Polymer & Nanoparticle User Meeting
Join us April 26 at the Franklin Hotel!
Wyatt's regional user meetings are a great opportunity to meet and interact with other scientists who utilize Wyatt light scattering instruments. Learn how your colleagues approach biophysical characterization, pick up some tips and tricks on method development, and spend some quality time with Wyatt staff. Registration is free for this event. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
Date: April 26, 2018
Time: 8:30 AM
Location: Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
401 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Christopher Rasmussen, DuPont de Nemours & Co.
"High Throughput SEC: Polymer Insight and Method Validation using MALS"
- Yejia Li, Ashland Specialty Ingredients
"Absolute Molecular Weight Analysis of Commercial Polymers by Relative SEC Using a Different Type of Polymer as Standard"
In addition to guest speakers, this meeting will feature 'how-to' sessions presented by Wyatt scientists, moderated application reviews, poster sessions, and round table discussions covering topics such as:
- Nanoparticle characterization
- Polymer characterization
- Formulation and process screening
- Software tips and tricks
- High-throughput DLS
- Electrophoretic mobility
Who should attend:
- Active users of Wyatt light scattering instruments working in polymer and nanoparticle characterization, colloid and emulsion formulation and related fields
- Wyatt users in the polymer, paint, food and cosmetic industries, as well as academic customers seeking to engage with regional colleagues around similar analytical challenges
Registration is free for this event. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided. Open LSU credits may be applied.-->
Wyatt Technology invites you to present a poster on your research and the applications of light scattering in your work. A poster presentation provides a great opportunity to discuss your specific goals/challenges with industry experts and collaborate on how to take full advantage of your Wyatt instrumentation (Note: please indicate title and authors when registering for a poster).
September 2016 Meeting was held in Wilmington, DE
- Martin Nosowitz, Arkema Inc.
"An Automated System to Collect Data for Zimm Plots"
- John Van Druff, Fina Biosolutions
"Development of a Mathematical Model for the Microfluidization of Biopolymers"
September 2014 Meeting was held in Wilmington, DE
- Wei Gao, Dow Chemical
"Probing the TiO2-Polymer Composite Formation for a New Class of Latex Paint by AF4-MALS"
- Jeffrey Clogston, Leidos Biomedical Research
"Application of Light Scattering Techniques for Nanoparticle Characterization"
- Dennis Leung, Merck & Co.
"High-Throughput Tools for Optimizing Drug Nanosuspension Formulations"
- Anne Galyean, UNC School of Global Public Health
"A Separation Metric using Light Scattering to Optimize AF4 Separations of Polydisperse Nanoparticles"
- Kathryn Killops, US Army RDECOM
"Cationic Surfmers and Block Copolymers for Emulsion Polymerization"
The meeting was written up nicely by Gerald Poirer of University of Delaware Advanced Materials Characterization Lab. Click here to read. Thank you, Gerald!
Follow us on or join one of our groups Social@Wyatt