San Diego Region Protein & Biotech User Meeting
Join us March 26 at Green Acre Campus Pointe!
Wyatt's regional user meetings are a great opportunity to meet and interact with other scientists who utilize Wyatt light scattering instruments. Learn how your colleagues approach biophysical characterization, pick up some tips and tricks on method development, and spend some quality time with Wyatt staff. Registration is free for this event. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
Details:Date: March 26, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM
Location: Green Acre Campus Pointe
10300 Campus Point Dr
San Diego, CA 92121
Check back soon for Speakers and Agenda!
In addition to guest speakers, this meeting will feature 'how-to' sessions presented by Wyatt scientists, moderated application reviews, poster sessions, and round table discussions covering topics such as:
- Formulation and stability of biotherapeutics
- Characterizing vaccines, viruses and VLPs
- Detection and quantification of aggregates, large and small
- Determination of size, size distributions of nanoparticles
- Protein Conjugate Analysis
- Theoretical concepts underpinning the light scattering toolkit, including: SEC-MALS, FFF-MALS, CG-MALS, Dynamic Light Scattering, Electrophoretic Light Scattering
Who should attend:
Active users of Wyatt light scattering instruments seeking to engage with regional colleagues around similar analytical challenges
October 2018 User Meeting was held in San Diego, CA
May 2018 User Meeting was held in San Diego, CA
- Dr. Kate Hastie, The Scripps Research Institute – Ollmann Saphire Lab
“Identifying site-specific antibody binding using SEC-MALS and CG-MALS"
- Dr. Jessica Brunh, Salk Institute for Biological Studies Lyumkis Lab
- Dr. Aleksandar Antanasijević, The Scripps Research Institute
- William Wittbold, Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
"mAb Crystals and Health Checks via DLS and MALS"
June 2017 Meeting was held in San Diego, CA
- Jonathan Alvarez, Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
"High-Throughput Pipeline for Improved mAb Crystallization"
- Michael Levin, Prism
"Development of Antibody-Nanoparticles Conjugates for Drug Delivery Applications"
- Jennifer Cooper, Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
"Culling the Herd: Screening for High Concentration Crystalline Protein Therapeutics"
- Matthew Thompson, University of California San Diego
"Characterizing Biologically Responsive Nanomaterials Using Light Scattering"
- Julien Dugal-Tessier, Agensys
"The Use of SEC-MALS in the Development of Therapeutic Antibody and Antibody Drug-Conjugates"
- Andrew Lyon, Chapman University
"Hydrogel Microparticles in Regenerative Medicine"
- Kate Hastie, Scripps Research Institute
"Understanding Antibody-Antigen Interactions using Light Scattering"
- Dikran Aivazian, Pfizer
"MALS as a Key Tool in Evaluation of Biotherapeutic Activity and Protein Reagent Production"
- Joey Pollastrini, Amgen
"Looking at High Concentration Protein Interactions with Composition and Time Dependent Light Scattering, and Other Random Walks"
- Scott Wasko, Wyatt Technology
"ADC Characterization: Molar Mass, Size, Conjugation, and Aggregation"
- Sophia Kenrick, Wyatt Technology
"CG-MALS Case Studies & How-To: Multi-Valent Protein-Ligand Binding"
- Sigrid Kuebler, Wyatt Technology
"High-Throughput Screening of Biopharmaceutical Drug Candidates and Formulations by Dynamic Light Scattering"
June 2016 Meeting was held in San Diego, CA
June 2015 Meeting was held in Oceanside, CA
May 2014 Meeting was held in Oceanside, CA
Follow us on or join one of our groups Social@Wyatt