Southern CA Protein & Biotech User Meeting
Join us May 10 at the Green Acre Campus Pointe!
Wyatt's regional user meetings are a great opportunity to meet and interact with other scientists who utilize Wyatt light scattering instruments. Learn how your colleagues approach biophysical characterization, pick up some tips and tricks on method development, and spend some quality time with Wyatt staff. Registration is free for this event. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
Details:Date: May 10, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Location: Green Acre Campus Pointe
10300 Campus Pointe Dr.
San Diego, CA 92121
- Dr. Kate Hastie, The Scripps Research Institute – Ollmann Saphire Lab
“Identifying site-specific antibody binding using SEC-MALS and CG-MALS"
- Dr. Jessica Brunh, Salk Institute for Biological Studies Lyumkis Lab
- Dr. Aleksandar Antanasijević, The Scripps Research Institute
- Dr. Wiilliam Wittbold, Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
In addition to guest speakers, this meeting will feature 'how-to' sessions presented by Wyatt scientists, moderated application reviews, poster sessions, and round table discussions covering topics such as:
- Biophysical characterization
- Formulation and stability
- Aggregates large and small
- Biomolecular interactions
- High-throughput DLS
- Electrophoretic mobility
Who should attend:
- Active users of Wyatt light scattering instruments working in biophysical characterization, protein formulation, biomolecular interactions and related fields
- Wyatt users in the biopharma or biotech industries, as well as academic customers seeking to engage with regional colleagues around similar analytical challenges
June 2017 Meeting was held in San Diego, CA
- Jonathan Alvarez, Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
"High-Throughput Pipeline for Improved mAb Crystallization"
- Michael Levin, Prism
"Development of Antibody-Nanoparticles Conjugates for Drug Delivery Applications"
- Jennifer Cooper, Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
"Culling the Herd: Screening for High Concentration Crystalline Protein Therapeutics"
- Matthew Thompson, University of California San Diego
"Characterizing Biologically Responsive Nanomaterials Using Light Scattering"
- Julien Dugal-Tessier, Agensys
"The Use of SEC-MALS in the Development of Therapeutic Antibody and Antibody Drug-Conjugates"
- Andrew Lyon, Chapman University
"Hydrogel Microparticles in Regenerative Medicine"
- Kate Hastie, Scripps Research Institute
"Understanding Antibody-Antigen Interactions using Light Scattering"
- Dikran Aivazian, Pfizer
"MALS as a Key Tool in Evaluation of Biotherapeutic Activity and Protein Reagent Production"
- Joey Pollastrini, Amgen
"Looking at High Concentration Protein Interactions with Composition and Time Dependent Light Scattering, and Other Random Walks"
- Scott Wasko, Wyatt Technology
"ADC Characterization: Molar Mass, Size, Conjugation, and Aggregation"
- Sophia Kenrick, Wyatt Technology
"CG-MALS Case Studies & How-To: Multi-Valent Protein-Ligand Binding"
- Sigrid Kuebler, Wyatt Technology
"High-Throughput Screening of Biopharmaceutical Drug Candidates and Formulations by Dynamic Light Scattering"
June 2016 Meeting was held in San Diego, CA
June 2015 Meeting was held in Oceanside, CA
May 2014 Meeting was held in Oceanside, CA
Follow us on or join one of our groups Social@Wyatt