The Solaris solvent protection system for aqueous applications sterilizes your solvent in the bottle via proven UV sterilization and consequently protects all components of your chromatographic system from contamination, including HPLC and light scattering instruments. The solvent pathway is close to the ultraviolet radiation to maximize efficiency. This ensures efficient prevention of microbial growth.
Sterilize Your Solvent - Protect Your System - Improve Your Measurements
Solaris prevents growth of bacteria, fungi or algae with high efficiency and protects your system from down-time due to contamination. It supersedes the use of Sodium-Azide or other preservatives in the chromatography solvent. It saves the danger and effort to handle toxic chemicals. SOLARIS does not only sterilize the solvent after pouring it into the bottle: with its built-in 0.2 µm prefilter it keeps the solution free of biological pathogens like bacteria, fungi or algae. Moreover, it prevents the contamination with particles from the laboratory environment (e.g., dust). Noisy baselines because of bacterial growth are a thing of the past!
Solvent (after one week of use) incubated at 30° C for one day.
Solvent (after one week of use) incubated at 30° C for seven days.
Benefits at a glance
Toxic chemicals no longer required
- Solaris supersedes the use of sodium azide or other preservatives in the chromatography solvent. This prevents interaction between azide and sample.
Protects your system from down-time due to contamination
- Solaris sterilizes the solvent after filled into the bottle. With its built-in 0.2 μm air intake filter it keeps the solution free of biological pathogens like bacteria, fungi or algae. Moreover, it prevents the contamination with particles from the laboratory environment (e. g. dust).
Time and cost-saving
- In an idle chromatography system, constant sterilization with Solaris allows recycling of the mobile phase.
- One batch of solvent is typically stable for up to three days.
- Saves expense for disposal of solvent waste after the measurements because no toxic chemicals are added.
Easy to handle
- The system comes ready to use and can be mounted on all brown 1-5 L solvent bottles with GL-45 thread.
- Easy to install and replace.
- If cleaning is necessary: just rinse with DI water.
- Wavelength: 254 nm
- Voltage: 12 V DC
- Temperature range: 4 – 90°C
- Operational life span: 1 year (5,000 h)
- Not to be used with organic solvents
- Not to be used with aqueous photo reactive solutions – check solvent before use
If you are a current US or Canadian Wyatt Technology customer, you can purchase the Solaris online. Visit the Wyatt Technology Store today!