Contract Lab Services
Wyatt Technology offers contract research services and consulting in the areas of macromolecular characterization. A summary of just some of the services that we provide is listed below. In addition, we are happy to provide a list of unaffiliated contract analysis labs who use Wyatt instruments.
I. SEC-MALS(-DLS) analysis at ambient temperature
The customer needs to fill out the Sample Analysis Questionnaire provided by WTC. SEC conditions are required. We also recommend that the customer provide his own columns for the SEC-MALS(-DLS) measurements. Standard solvents are toluene, THF, and aqueous buffers. Alternate solvents may be used if safety and WTC facilities permit. Please note that MALS detection can also be added to other types of chromatography, such as RPC, EIC, and HIC.
- Chromatograms from the SEC-MALS analysis
- Number, weight, and z-average molar mass
- Z-average rms radius and hydrodynamic radius (when applicable)
- Polydispersity, differential and cumulative molar mass distributions
- Conformation and branching (when applicable)
- dn/dc determination (either measured by Optilab refractometer or taken from literature)
II. Batch light scattering analysis using Zimm plot techniques
The customer needs to fill out the Sample Analysis Questionnaire provided by WTC. The customer must specify experimental conditions such as sample concentration, solubility, solvent, etc. Standard solvents are toluene, THF and aqueous buffers. Alternate solvents may be used if safety and WTC facilities permit.
- Weight average molecular weight
- z-average rms radius (when applicable)
- second virial coefficient
- dn/dc determination
Measurement of dn/dc only
Standard solvents are toluene, THF and aqueous buffers. The sample provided must be 100% pure.
- dn/dc measurement from at least four concentrations