Wyatt Technology’s HPLC CONNECT™ 2 software allows ASTRA to control your HPLC or UHPLC, eliminating the need to enter sample information in a third-party application. HPLC CONNECT also provides a dashboard for monitoring and controlling your (U)HPLC. Currently, HPLC CONNECT is only available for controlling Agilent hardware.
Converting an existing method to use HPLC CONNECT is easy.
Adding HPLC CONNECT
1. With ASTRA open, click on File | New | Experiment from Method. Navigate to your favorite method and open it.
2. In the left-hand pane right-click “Configuration” and select “Add HPLC CONNECT”.
3. Your experiment configuration will now include your HPLC stack.
Configure your method
4. To edit the properties for a device, double click on the device name. Ensure that the flow rate, maximum flow gradient, UV wavelength, etc. match the desired values for your experiment. Click "Ok" to save changes on each page.
5. If you have an autosampler in your chromatography stack, you can enter a vial number and injection volume. Expand “Procedures” and double click on Basic Collection. “HPLC Details” at the bottom of the page. These parameters can also be set in a sequence. If they are, they will override those set here in the method.
6. When you click "Run," ASTRA will take over command of the HPLC or UHPLC. Once data collection begins, you can monitor the HPLC details (pressure, ripple, etc.) in the Basic Collection windows. These details are recorded in the experiment. Once the experiment is complete, the HPLC will maintain all settings.
7. Save your experiment with HPLC CONNECT added as a method to use it for new experiments and sequences (right click on the experiment in the tree and select "Save As Method").
Using Method Builder
You can also use the Method Builder to create a new experiment that has HPLC CONNECT added by choosing your HPLC in the Select Instruments step. HPLC CONNECT allows you to choose to use digital UV from select UV devices.
In step 3 of the Method Builder, default HPLC collection parameters can be entered for the method. For a sequence, the same method can be used and the vial number, injection volume, and duration can be customized for each sample row in the sequence table.
Using HPLC DASHBOARD
You can access the HPLC DASHBOARD to monitor or directly control your (U)HPLC either by choosing HPLC DASHBOARD from the start menu or by right-clicking on the HPLC CONNECT tray icon. You can also access it directly from within ASTRA on the system menu.
The HPLC DASHBOARD allows you to view and change (U)HPLC system parameters such as the pump flow rate, UV wavelength, and pump flow gradient. Pump pressure, ripple and flow can be viewed in the General tab graph and monitored in real-time.
To learn more about what you can do with HPLC CONNECT and ASTRA 8, login to our Support Center for more resources including technical notes, the HPLC CONNECT 2 User’s Guide, ASTRA 8 User’s Guide, and HPLC CONNECT Quick Guide.
Do you have a question? Contact our experts here in Customer Support. We’re happy to help! Call +1 (805) 681-9009 option 4 or email email@example.com.