Considering Wyatt’s history, it should be no surprise that Wyatt Technology places great emphasis on publishing. It was Dr. Wyatt’s 1981 letter to Science that sparked the company’s humble beginnings. Dr. Wyatt still holds the lion’s share of publications: over 35 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and 20-plus articles in trade journals—that’s almost one or two publications for him a year! This is an exceptional number given the size of our organization.
While it’s hard to choose favorites, here are a few of our top publications from over the years:
- Wyatt, P. J. The taste of things to come. Appl. Opt. 21, 2471 (1982).
- Wyatt, P. J. Light scattering and the absolute characterization of macromolecules. Analytica Chimica Acta 272, 1–40 (1993).
- Wyatt, P.J. Measuring nanoparticles in the size range to 2000 nm. J Nanopart Res 20, 322 (2018).
- Some, D. Light-scattering-based analysis of biomolecular interactions. Biophys Rev 5, 147–158 (2013).
- Jia, Xiujuan., et al. Enabling online determination of the size-dependent RNA content of lipid nanoparticle-based RNA formulations. Journal of Chromatography B 1186, 123015 (2021).
- Some, D., Amartely, H., Tsadok, A. & Lebendiker, M. Characterization of Proteins by Size-Exclusion Chromatography Coupled to Multi-Angle Light Scattering (SEC-MALS). JoVE 59615 (2019)
In addition to publications that Wyatt scientists have authored, our customers have published nearly 18,000 peer-reviewed articles using data from Wyatt Technology products. Here are a few recent papers that cite our instruments:
- Sahtoe, D. D. et al. BAP1/ASXL1 recruitment and activation for H2A deubiquitination. Nat Commun 7, 10292 (2016).
- Mieczkowski, C. et al. Characterization and Modeling of Reversible Antibody Self-Association Provide Insights into Behavior, Prediction, and Correction. Antibodies 10, 8 (2021).
- Werle, A. K. et al. Comparison of analytical techniques to quantitate the capsid content of adeno-associated viral vectors. Molecular Therapy - Methods & Clinical Development 23, 254–262 (2021).
- Li, Y.-L. et al. Oxidation Control of Bottlebrush Molecular Conformation for Producing Libraries of Photonic Structures. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 60, 3647–3653 (2021).
- Bender, M. F. et al. Protein and glycan molecular weight determination of highly glycosylated HIV-1 envelope trimers by HPSEC-MALS. Vaccine 39, 3650–3654 (2021).
- Ballandras-Colas, A. et al. Multivalent interactions essential for lentiviral integrase function. Nat Commun 13, 2416 (2022).
- Patel, S. et al. Naturally-occurring cholesterol analogues in lipid nanoparticles induce polymorphic shape and enhance intracellular delivery of mRNA. Nat Commun 11, 983 (2020).
- Hedayati, H. R., Khorasani, M., Ahmadi, M. & Ballard, N. Preparation of well-defined Poly(Vinyl alcohol) by hydrolysis of Poly(Vinyl acetate) synthesized by RAFT suspension polymerization. Polymer 246, 124674 (2022).
For decades, we have collected the references online for the papers we have identified that used Wyatt instruments. We know that there are many, many more that rely on data from Wyatt instruments but do not mention them by name. “MALS” is universally considered synonymous with “Wyatt Technology” and the authors didn’t see the need to go into more detail!
To search for more publications by Wyatt scientists and customers, and to learn how MALS, DLS, and the other experimental techniques supported by Wyatt products can enable and enhance your own research and development, please visit www.wyatt.com/Bibliography.