Virtual Pacific Northwest General SEC-MALS and Biomacromolecule Analysis User Meeting
Join us August 15, 2023 for our Virtual Pacific Northwest General SEC-MALS and Biomacromolecule Analysis User Meeting
Light Scattering is an important tool for the analysis of macromolecules and biotherapeutics. Size Exclusion Chromatography – Multi-Angle Light Scattering (SEC-MALS) is utilized extensively in protein analysis for determination of molecular weight, complexation, aggregation, and degree of conjugation. Accurate determination of size and molecular weight for complex analyte and mobile phase systems requires attention to system condition and experimental design. This event will cover an introduction to light scattering techniques with a focus on SEC-MALS applications and topics for biomacromolecule analysis.
Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Time: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM PDT
- An introduction to light scattering with an emphasis on SEC-MALS techniques.
- An overview of common SEC-MALS applications in the biomacromolecule space (MAbs, AAVs, LNPs, etc.).
- How to determine dn/dc and extinction coefficients for proteins and conjugate systems.
- Best practices for chromatography and system care for SEC-MALS experiments.
- Complementary techniques to SEC-MALS for macromolecule characterization – Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) and Field Flow Fractionation (FFF).
Who should attend:
- Active users of Wyatt light scattering instruments seeking to learn more about advanced topics in protein analysis related to Wyatt SEC-MALS instruments and software.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how SEC-MALS can be applied to proteins, protein conjugate, and protein complexes.