Research Triangle Park, NC Light Scattering Workshop & User Meeting
Join us at the Light Scattering Workshop & User Meeting March 10-11 in RTP!
Light Scattering Workshop
New to light scattering? Wondering how light scattering works and how it’s applied? Wyatt's regional light scattering workshops are a wonderful opportunity to learn the “basics” of light scattering and see live demonstrations of Wyatt instruments. Learn the limits and capabilities of light scattering and how these methods can complement your existing suite of tools. Registration is free for this event.
Light Scattering User Meeting
Wyatt's regional user meetings are a great opportunity to meet and interact with other scientists who utilize Wyatt light scattering instruments. Learn how your colleagues approach biophysical, polymer, and particle characterization, pick up some tips and tricks on method development, and spend some quality time with Wyatt staff. Registration is free for this event.
Date: March 10, 2020: Workshop: Light Scattering Characterization
Date: March 11, 2020: User Meeting: Advanced Topics in Light Scattering
Time: 8:30 AM
Location: Marriott at Research Triangle Park
4700 Guardian Dr
Durham, NC 27703
Check back soon for the Agenda!
Who should attend:
- Workshop: Anyone interested in learning more about light scattering and its manifold applications to biomolecular, polymer and nanoparticle characterization. Note that space is limited for these events, please register early.
- User Meeting: Active users of Wyatt light scattering instruments seeking to engage with regional colleagues around similar analytical challenges, and to learn more about advanced topics related to Wyatt instruments and software.
Workshop — What’s covered:
The workshop will cover the basic theory of light scattering and related methods, followed by a series of technical sessions incorporating Wyatt instruments and software. Topics include:
- Theory: “The Light Scattering Toolbox”
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
- Phase Analysis Light Scattering (PALS)
- Multi-angle Light Scattering (MALS)
- Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4)
- Intrinsic Viscometry
Workshop Technical Sessions may include:
- High Throughput Automated DLS/SLS (DynaPro Plate Reader)
- Batch DLS, SLS, and Zeta Potential (NanoStar, Mobius)
- SEC-UV-MALS-RI (DAWN, Optilab)
- SEC-MALS-RI-IV (DAWN, ViscoStar, Optilab)
- AF4 (Eclipse)
- CG-MALS (Calypso)
User Meetings — What’s covered:
The user meeting will address several advanced topics presented by Wyatt scientists. Topics change from meeting to meeting, and may include:
- Protein Conjugate Analysis
- Co-polymer Analysis
- ASTRA 7 Models: Zimm, Berry, and Debye
- The Shape Factor applied to biomolecular and NP characterization
- How to measure molar mass with the DynaPro Plate Reader
- Analysis of Polymer branching
- ASTRA and DYNAMICS SQL Database: Not just for 21CFR11
- Determination of size, size distributions of nanoparticles
- Formulation and stability of biotherapeutics
- Characterizing AAV and other vaccines, viruses and VLPs
- Detection and quantification of aggregates, large and small
- Analyzing biomolecular interactions
User Meeting — What’s not covered:General theoretical concepts underpinning the light scattering toolkit, including: SEC-MALS, FFF-MALS, CG-MALS, Dynamic Light Scattering, Electrophoretic Light Scattering. These concepts are covered in the Wyatt Light Scattering Workshop that precedes the user meeting.
Registration is free. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
November 2018 Meeting was held in Raleigh, NC
June 2015 Meeting was held in Chapel Hill, NC
Katherine Bowers, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
"The Use of Protein Light Scattering Techniques in a Contract Research Environment"
Donald Kerkow, KBI Biopharma
"Light Scattering: Accelerating Formulation Development, Strengthening Product Characterization"
John van Zanten, North Carolina State University
"Light Scattering Characterization of Protein-Protein Interactions"
Follow us on or join one of our groups Social@Wyatt