SF Bay Area Light Scattering User Meeting
Join us November 1 at the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Wyatt's regional user meetings are a great opportunity to meet and interact with other scientists who utilize Wyatt light scattering instruments. Learn how your colleagues approach biophysical characterization, pick up some tips and tricks on method development, and spend some quality time with Wyatt staff. Registration is free for this event. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
Date: November 1, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM
Location: San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
1770 S. Amphlett Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94402
Check back soon for Speakers and Agenda!
In addition to guest speakers, this meeting will feature 'how-to' sessions presented by Wyatt scientists, moderated application reviews, poster sessions, and round table discussions covering topics such as:
- Light scattering for polymer applications
- Formulation and stability of biotherapeutics
- Characterizing vaccines, viruses and VLPs
- Detection and quantification of aggregates, large and small
- Determination of size, size distributions of nanoparticles
- Protein Conjugate Analysis
- Theoretical concepts underpinning the light scattering toolkit, including: SEC-MALS, FFF-MALS, CG-MALS, Dynamic Light Scattering, Electrophoretic Light Scattering
Who should attend:
- Active/Potential users of Wyatt light scattering instruments seeking to engage with regional colleagues around similar analytical challenges
- Anyone interested in learning more about light scattering and its manifold applications to biomolecular, polymer and nanoparticle characterization.
April 2019 User Meeting was held in San Mateo, CA
February 2018 User Meeting was held in San Mateo, CA
May 2016 User Meeting was held in San Mateo, CA
- Dennis Leung, Genentech Inc.
"New Tools for Facilitating High Throughput Optimization of Drug Nanosuspension Formulations"
- Justin Low, Genentech Inc.
"Use of SEC-MALS to Characterize Ligand Binding Assay (LBA) Reagents During Drug Development"
- Lars Nilsson, Lund University
"AF4 – Enabling Separation and Characterization of Biomolecules, Aggregates and Particles across a Wide Size Range"
- Daniel Some, Wyatt Technology
"The Light Scattering Toolkit for Formulation Studies"
- Michelle Chen, Wyatt Technology
"Small but Bright, the μDAWN Rises: Innovations and Applications of μSEC-MALS"
February 2015 Meeting was held in San Mateo, CA
- Maciej Paluch, Genentech
"Beyond Silica: Benefits and Challenges of using Dextran-based Columns in SEC-MALS Measurements of Protein Samples"
- Minglei Zhao, Stanford University
"Complementary Studies of the 20S Membrane Fusion Supercomplex with CryoEM and CG-MALS"
- Da Duan, UCSF
"Characterizing Small Molecule Colloidal Aggregates with Dynamic Light Scattering"
- Sophia Kenrick, Wyatt Technology
"Complementary Light Scattering Techniques: How SEC-MALS and CG-MALS work in Combination for Complete Analysis of an Interacting Viral Glycoprotein–Antibody System"
- Sigrid Kuebler, Wyatt Technology
"New Applications in DLS: Utilizing DYNAMICS 7.1.8 for Calculating A2 and kD"
February 2014 Meeting was held in Burlingame, CA
- Thomas Scherer, Genentech
"Characterizing the Interactions of Proteins at High Concentrations"
- Sandro Vivona, StemCentRx
"Light Scattering in a Structural Biology Laboratory"
- Zahira Begum, Genentech
"Quality Control by SEC-MALS in a Small-Scale Protein Production Facility"
- Chris Broomell, Wyatt Technology
"ADC Characterization: Molar Mass, Size, Conjugation and Aggregation"
- Dan Some, Wyatt Technology
"CG-MALS Case Study & How-To: Multi-Valent Protein-Ligand Binding"
- Sigrid Kuebler, Wyatt Technology
"High-Throughput DLS for Candidate and Formulation Screening"
Follow us on or join one of our groups Social@Wyatt