Gulf Region Light Scattering for Polymer Characterization
Join us August 29, 2023 for our Virtual Gulf Region Light Scattering for Polymer Characterization User Meeting
GPC and scattered light detection is routinely used to obtain molar mass distributions to inform all stages of a polymer product development as well as assess quality of the final, manufactured product. This meeting will present both light scattering basics as well as extended polymer analysis for a deeper set of attributes, including sample dispersity, size (Rh and Rg) distributions, conformation insights (branching), intrinsic viscosity, and the composition of two material copolymers. Importantly, these sample parameters determine molar mass without dependence on reference standards of any given polymer.
Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
- How molar mass, size, and composition are determined with GPC-MALS (multi-angle light scattering coupled to gel-permeation chromatography).
- Potential hazards of relative calibration with molecular standards.
- Distribution analysis, for the deepest GPC-MALS analysis of a polymer sample.
Who should attend:
- Active users of Wyatt light scattering instruments seeking to learn more about advanced topics in polymer analysis related to Wyatt SEC-MALS instruments and software.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how SEC-MALS can be applied to polymers.